November 11, 2011

ABOUT


Dear reader,

My name is Ulia Ali and at the moment I am in my early 20s. I was born in the beautiful city of Baku, but now living in London, where I am currently getting my MA Publishing degree at the famous UAL and trying to make my dreams come true.

Previously I studied architecture at the Art Academy, however I always wanted to work in the glossy world of magazines and share my thoughts and vision of life. The start has been made in 2007 when I began working as an artist for kids’ comics. Later I luckily got a job in iNBaku magazine (magazine for expats in English), where I worked as a designer, but also wrote articles about fashion and beauty and had invented Street style rubric with my own shots of people on the streets of Baku. In parallel I tried myself as a model and already was thinking about creating my own blog.
The beginning of 2011 was absolutely fantastic.  I have just returned from my long-term trip to the UK and by a fluke heard that popular WEDDING magazine is seeking for a “new blood”… So at a very young age I became an editor-in-chief and art-director of one of the bestselling magazines in the country Wedding Magazine Azerbaijan (I was writing majority of the articles and designed all pages in the magazine, so it was a dream, but also hard job). Along with that I was contributing articles to different publications and started View From Heels blog.

In 2012 I felt a need of future growth, so I made one of the most difficult decisions in my life - quitted my job, succesfull career, ended long-term relationships and moved to the city of my dreams - London to study Publishing and finally have my own big adventure and I have never been happier in my life! Where I am going now? I don't know. But it is my way and I hope you would like to join and follow me on this route with this blog. Together we can make our dreams true!

Thanks a lot for your attention! I am so grateful you are a part of my life.

For collaboration inquiries and ideas write to:
viewfromheels@gmail.com

With love,
Ulia Ali
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...