October 12, 2012

I MOVED TO LONDON



 Hey beauties I am back! 
I know you are probably wondering why I disappeared right after I confessed that big changes might come into my life, but now I can finally say it… I MOVED TO LONDON! I decided to overwrite my life and find new opportunities for my career and blog, so I made a hard decision to become a student again and get my second degree in the famous University of the Arts London (yes from which Alexander McQueen, Galliano, Colin Firth and many other talented people graduated). To be more precise I am studying Magazine Publish at the LCC (one of the colleges of the University) and this is very exciting!

What can I say? It was incredibly challenging to publish summer issue of the magazine, then have long talks with my parents convincing them to let me go, collecting all the documents, preparing portfolio, motivation letters etc. Seriously people prepare for that for a year or so and I made up my mind like in June (It was such a luck they had a place for me) and passed my IELTS without proper preparation (just made couple of tests at home the week before the actual test) and got 7.5 (I got 8.5 in Reading! So proud) and then I had to make autumn issue of the magazine… and get Tier 4 Visa which surprisingly was the most nerve wrecking bit. Please feel free to ask me any questions! I wish someone would help me when I was going through all of this, but now I hope I can help u with information :)

Right now I am living in a lovely flat in Central London (Marble Arch) with two gorgeous girls – Anna from Italy and Takmina from Cardiff and I am very happy I decided to move to London, take this risk in order to achieve bigger success. But don’t worry I am not going to drop my job at the Wedding magazine and will continue working from the distance and of course I will update my blog more often (so many photoshoots, giveaways and new experiments!). Under the cut you will see my first weeks in London through the pictures (you might already seen some of them if u follow me on instagram: ulia ali)

So what’s your opinion? Do you think it’s good I followed my heart and put so many things under the risk or you are against spontaneous, emotional decisions? Would love to hear from you.
***
Дорогие читатели, я вернулась! 
Я знаю, что многие из вас переживали почему я вдруг неожиданно исчезла сразу после того как призналась, что впереди меня ждут некие глобальные перемены, но теперь я наконец-то могу вам сказать… Я ПЕРЕЕХАЛА В ЛОНДОН! Я решила поменять свою жизнь, и попробовать покорить самые высокие «ступеньки» карьерной лестницы и добиться новых возможностей для своего блога, так что я приняла сложное решение вновь стать студенткой и получить свое второе высшее образование в знаменитом University of the Arts London (да, в том самом где учились Александр МакКуин, Гальяно, Колин Ферт и другие талантливые люди). Если точнее, то я изучаю Magazine Publishing (Публикация журналов) в LCC (один из колледжей Университета), и я чувствую, что это начало чего-то грандиозного и захватывающего!

Ну что я могу сказать? Это лето было одним из самых напряженных моментов моей жизни: публикация летнего номера журнала, потом я убеждала родителей в том, что мне нужно это образование (до сих пор не верю, что они меня отпустили. Спасибо!), затем рутинная подготовка документов, портфолио, подача заявки в университет, бесконечные motivation letters, переписка с университетом… Нормальные люди готовятся к поступлению как минимум год, а мне эта безумная мысль пришла в июне (это просто счастье, что они решили принять меня так поздно. В UAL поступает огромное кол-во заявок, так что конкуренция большая) и я сдала IELTS в дикой спешке почти без подготовки (если за подготовку можно считать парочку тестов сделанных дома). В результате я получила 7.5, а по Reading у меня вообще было 8.5, чему я была бесконечно рада. Затем я готовила уже осенний номер журнала Wedding и ждала студенческую визу, которая была моим последним и самым нервозным шагом на пути к заветной цели. Во время подготовки, мне очень хотелось, чтобы мне кто-то помог советом, временами было очень тяжело, так что если у вас есть какие-то вопросы, то не стесняйтесь, спрашивайте и я надеюсь, я смогу быть полезной :)

Сейчас я живу в очень симпатичной квартире в самом центре Лондона (Marble Arch) c двумя хорошенькими девушками – итальянкой Анной и Тахминой из Кардиффа, и я мега счастлива, что решилась на столь непредсказуемый шаг, на такой риск в надежде получить большее. Каждый момент здесь просто незабываемый! Но, не беспокойтесь, я не собираюсь бросать свой любимый пост редактора в журнале Wedding и продолжу свою деятельность на расстоянии, и, конечно же, я буду обновлять блог гораздо чаще (впереди столько фотосессий, новых конкурсов и экспериментов!). В этом посту вы найдете небольшой фотодневник моих первых недель в Лондоне. Возможно, вы видели некоторые из них на моем instagram.

Ну, так каково ваше мнение по поводу таких кардинальных перемен? Думаете это хорошо, что  последовала зову сердца, несмотря ни на что или вы не приверженец спонтанных, эмоциональных решений? Была бы рада услышать от вас! :)


Our flat at Marble Arch
Preparing to go out on Saturday night
Some of my latest purchases - amazing bracelets from Anna Dello Russo for H&M collection
I am a huge fan of Hunger Games book series! :)
Study time!
With Italian beauty - Anna! Che Bellezza ;)
Trying on ASH boots similar to Isabel Marant ones.
 Louboutin paradise at Selfridge's
Dinner at Prezzo after the lectures.
Gifts <3
Only in London u can spot such a huge squirrel right in the centre of the city! 

28 comments:

Mimi Lambada said...

ты большая молодец!!! Это правильное решение,которое хорошо повлияет на твою жизнь)

Ulia Ali said...

Mimi Lambada, Спасибо :) Да, я тоже надеюсь, что сделав такой, скажем небольшой шаг назад сейчас (из редактора журнала в обыкновенную студентку, живущую на сьемной квартире), я получу гораздо больше в будущем. Держите за меня пальчики))

Jelena Zivanovic said...

Wonderful news my pretty girl!!!! I wish you all the best there, and I'm so looking forward to all your future posts!;)
Kisses and hugs!!! <3<3

Isabella | THE PILE OF STYLE said...

This is a very lovely and inspirational post! I like your taste, please check out my new post !

Anna said...

отлично!) поздравляю тебя)) ты молодец))

stilettolover91 said...

Congrats on the move!!! U look great!!!

http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Great blog!
Would you like follow each other?
Let me soon on my blog!
Anthea
www.antheafashion.com

*TDM* said...

I totally love all your photos :)
I love London so much

http://tirateladimeno.blogspot.it/

The Inkberry said...

Aw you're beautiful! Hope you're having a great time :)

xo Sarah, at The Indie Fox

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

Oh I am so happy for you!! You did the right thing!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Bloglovin'
Facebook

Estee*** said...

Ты умница Уля!) Желаю тебе,чтобы это было только началом в отличную,красивую жизнь! У тебя все получится!)

XAVER said...

Pozdravlayu Ulya, udachi vo vsem! Ti vibrala pravilnuyu dorogu) ya tak dumayu, uchitsa, i prichem za granichey eto tak xorosho ;) eshe raz pozdravlayu, budem jdat novie posti iz Londona ))))



http://fashionworldxavi.blogspot.com/

Olga said...

Я всегда ЗА перемены к лучшему! Этим летом у меня, к огромнейшему сожалению, сорвалась учеба в марангони. Но я не унываю, и надеюсь на удачное стечение обстоятельств в следующем.

Kristina said...

Hey hon, welcome to London. I got your contact details so will be in touch. This week is mega hectic for me, but once it settles down, I'll get in touch and maybe we can do a photoshoot/brunch/whatever... :)

Outside Looking In said...

Congratulations on your big move and going back to school! Great pictures---looks like you've adjusted well! :-)

Anonymous said...

Могла бы и мне скромное "спасибо!" написать и отметить на прощание, я бы оценил. В твоих переменах это не принимает значимого места... My mistake

SDG

miss b said...

It's important to follow your dreams and London is a great place to be. Looks like you have soon settled in and I spotted the lovely Ladurée macarons!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Sam said...

Hi sweety, so good to hear from you! Congrats on your big move and all the best with university. Loved seeing all these adventures of yours in London

Wynne Prasetyo said...

oh my gosh that's a very exciting thing to do in life! <3 all the best for school and other activities you will be doing. LOVE!





WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

MariTebo said...

Как здорово!! Лондон!!! жить в Лондоне!!! Ты молодчина!!! и никакой это не шаг назад... ты так кардинально поменяла жизнь!!! Такие перемены это же здорово!!!да еще и учиться в ТАКОМ месте!!!!Роскошно!!!!

Naina said...

What an amazing, brave thing to do. Sometimes you just have to pick up, leave your home and follow your heart and mind. Good luck, can't wait to see what you accomplish!

SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

Hey dear, that's amazing! Such a great news!!! Congrats on this big goal!
I've sent you an email abut my feature on your magazine!
Come back soon to visit my blog Cosa mi metto???
Win 30$ gift voucher at Vivilli!!

Jessica said...

How exciting! I think it is absolutely wonderful that you followed your heart and moved to London. I am sure you will do amazing things there. I cannot wait to hear more about your adventures in London once you are settled in.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Unknown said...

Congratulations, hope you're having a great time in London!

Diva In Me said...

You definitely did the right thing by following your heart! I totally admire you for doing so. Looking towards a new challenge in life is always good. There's always things to learn no matter if it's right or wrong. I wish you the best in London and I just started following your journey in Instagram =) @stilettoesdiva

http://diva-in-me.blogspot.com

LINDA said...

Darling, I am so happy for you! I think it is the most amazing decision! I wish you a lot of success and fun in London! Big hugs,

Linda from www.moonon.com

Anna Moore said...

Ох, какие здесь новости!Это твое второе образование? Уверена, такие перемены -к лучшему!!
Жду твоих постов по-английски (не всмысле лингвитстики, конечно!)
Анна

Narmin H said...

Ulka kakaya je ti umni4kAaaaa))))mi s toboy k Naile xanum xodili,Narmin,potom kAk-to poterali svaz,vot 6ad uvidela tea v instagrame))))whatsapp est u tea???

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...